Monday, November 8, 2010

Lexus Supercar rises

Since I learned the "machine" expressed word, I was very fond of all things on four wheels, and more recently motor sport and all things with two wheels!

Thanks in part to my late grandfather had spent Saturday to hear him talk about the articles in the motoring section of the newspaper The Daily Telegraph.

We did not have the same taste in cars, he was an enthusiastic spirit of Lexus owners, while I'm more in my Mercedes Benz ... if not also the owner, was even now!

SoImagine my joy of winning a contest and was invited to the Goodwood Festival of Speed will be driving to the famous hill climb in the Lexus LFA supercar, this

would again be the festival was a few years, but somehow knew I wanted that experience is something different, after being told he would be treated like a VIP.

So I drove down to Sussex, I must say that I flew to London and sat in a hotel overlooking the River ThamesHouses of Parliament, while the movie from my film crew. For someone with more to be behind the camera and always use the things on the cheap, that was really out of my comfort zone.

For those of you who have not at Goodwood, is an absolute must for any petrol head. Filter not only high-octane fun, but they all seem to run legends past and present, rather than driving a car of this garden party. You can get closer to cars and motorcycles: mingle with the stars;enjoy the scents of the methanol fuel cell.

Current world champion F1 Jenson Button moved the audience to drive a V6 turbocharged McLaren-Tag MP4/2C the climb, a car nearly as old as him, while only two wheels and four-time world champion John Surtees took the applause of the fans when he parked the Ferrari 158 he was driving. For a man in his experience this year has killed his son Henry in the last race, he is the true British Racing Gent, polite, modest,Time for every person that came to him in chat.

Add some 'pizazz from across the pond was Star Rally, Ken Block. Known worldwide for its video Gymkhana, I heard the king of the film is said to be nothing over the top in his Ford Focus RS WRC as he left the room Assembley. But the showman could not do and the huge crowd showed, because he flattered the world from a smoke of burning his donuts!

The wheels were not to be tooovertaken by a series of racing cars and the world being on the track, took including British star, Leon Haslam, Leon Camier and James Toseland. Italian legend Giacomo Agostini entertain the fans aboard an MV Agusta 500, a bike that has won seven consecutive world title.

Add some hair-raising display by the red arrows and a couple of Apache helicopters to the mix and it was a special feast for the eyes.

But aside from all the entertainment, I was there for aOne reason is that the Lexus LFA has been the experience.
I must admit that when I first saw it as aesthetically pleasing as it seems, is not Take My Breath Away "as much as the Mercedes-Benz AMG SLS or the Bugatti Veyron. But in his sober, seems to conceal what lies beneath.

So here is the language. The 4.8-liter V10 has caused quite a stir since his arrival on the world stage. It has a top speed of 202 km / h, is 0 to 62 mph in 3.7 seconds and how many cars to generate aengine sound of the music division of Yamaha there? Obviously do not expect to hear Beethoven's Fifth Symphony to play by the exhaust gas, but what you have built this carbon fiber super sports car experience to the sound of the F1-inspired cars.

So, after a look around and jump on the front passenger seat, it was time to head for the area in front of my flirtation Assembley on track.

Japanese SuperGT drivers and super cool 50-year-old guide me Takayuki KinoshitaHill Climb. He does not really have much English, but an Englishman from our discussions was his first time at Goodwood, driving a Mercedes Benz SL500 back in Japan and not a Lexus! I liked it as images of ships of the CAA shows the distance between Goodwood and the Nurburgring.

Sat hung low in the cockpit, the interior is typical of Lexus, the manufacturing of superior quality, a touch of 21st century games on the LCD display and places that make you feel cocooned "Do asI felt it was designed for my frame.

Just to add the whole experience, the flow of exhaust sounds in the cabin, you feel like you're trapped in a house in 3D surround sound, instead of a super sports car sound. Even the soundtracks of Hollywood movies do not come much better than this.

As soon as the time to put your car in the title, I was of some of the most expensive cars around the world. Bugatti, Ferrari and Lamborghini, all looking forward to the next and that was definitely super carHeaven!

There seemed to be quite long waits at the end and then a Mercedes 4x4 and was released out of F1 racer Lewis Hamilton. OK saw him, I did not mind waiting! He jumped into the new McLaren MP4-12C, not a patch on AAC, I would add, and brought the super sports car for the start of the hillclimb. After some showboating from the former F1 champion, was up to us to reach the starting line.

I was nervous? Maybe just a bit ', but very excited. As for mepassionate about all things related to the engines, a lot of speed and are exciting to see, I've never been to a circuit.

Takayuki asked me if I was OK, he repeated for the duration of the climb, and I was definitely OK! He went off, my body is put back into the seat at every turn. There was a beep from the rev limiter every time paddleshift Takayuki went through the gears, but my ears were better on the musical inspirationExhaust sounds coming through the cabin.

Now, the increase will be 1.16 miles long and 300 feet uphill, but the tree-lined streets have been in the past blur, like bales of hay and the crowds. I was afraid at any time? Maybe something when suddenly the walls of flint and we seemed to approach rather quickly. But do not worry, I was in good hands.

Then we ran through the finish line and that was it. It took just over a minute, but was one of the most exciting experiencesforever.

Lexus has a super sports car for all its main competitors rival producers. It can be a hefty price of over £ 300,000, but with only 500 made and have already been purchased, the Japanese brand has certainly a legend on his hands, in the luxurious, fast and handle automobile, that the LFA expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment